Fri, Nov 04|
Online Entry Submission
Engineering Prototype Proposal - Deadline Extended to Nov. 4
This is a competition to push you to think about an idea and bring it to life. This competition is more than just generating an idea; it is about generating a product - whether it is a mechanical/electrical device, a software application, or an integrated system.
Time & Location
Nov 04, 2022, 10:59 PM
Online Entry Submission
About the Event
Do you have a great idea? Are you wondering if it can be turned into a real product that customers would buy and use? If so, then this is for you: a competition to push you to think about an idea and bring it to life. This competition is more than just generating an idea; it is about generating a product - whether it is a mechanical/electrical device, a software application, or an integrated system. We want you to sketch it, revise it, and build it with the resources you have!
- Applicants must be students at Snow College and at least one team member must be an engineering student.
- Students are encouraged to form interdisciplinary teams with all team members taking part in formulating a business structure and the development of a prototype.
- Each team should identify a faculty advisor from the Engineering department and must submit a project proposal by Nov. 4, 2022. Submit a proposal here.
- Teams that submit a proposal by the deadline are eligible to submit receipts of expenses incurred in their prototype design.
- A maximum of $100 will be reimbursed, with valid expenses including material costs, equipment rental, etc. Student teams must approach engineering faculty for the use of laboratory facilities, or technical equipment including the 3D printers in the GRSC (if necessary) in their designs and prototyping.
- Russ Tanner and TaraLee Cook are available at the GRIT Center (located in the business building) for consultation about business structure, how to write an executive summary, and how to develop a minimum viable product.
- $500 award for 1st place team – judged by a panel of engineering judges. Depending on participation there may be a 2nd and 3rd place awarded.
- Participants are invited to enter their business idea (executive summary, a short video and prototype) in the Opportunity Quest competition where over $7000 is awarded. Entry deadline for this competition is Nov. 9th @ 11:59pm. More information here.
- A prototype of the product
- A short video (no longer than 2 min.) pitching your product to “customers” or your client
- An executive summary of the business structure you would use to bring your product to fruition and market to consumers.
- Oct. 31st - Prototype Proposal (Extended to Nov. 4th)
- Nov. 9th - Executive Summary
- Nov. 28th - Judged Prototype Competition