Thu, Mar 14|
Bootstrap Your Business- Entry Deadline
Interested in building your own product or starting your own company? Checkout the GRIT Center Bootstrap Your Business Competition. Application Deadline: Mar. 14th @ 11:59 pm. The competition will be held Mar. 28th @ 5pm in the GRIT Center.
Time & Location
Mar 14, 2024, 12:00 AM – 11:59 PM
GRIT Center, 151 S Main St, Ephraim, UT 84627, USA
About the Event
What is Bootstrapping anyway?
Bootstrapping means starting a company with little capital ($$) or money from outside sources such as investors. An individual is said to be bootstrapping when they work to found and build a company from personal finances or the profit from the company itself as it grows. This is what we specialize in at the GRIT Center. We can help you take small steps towards growing a product or business without investing tons of money. GRIT Center competitions provide an opportunity for participants to win money that can be used to pay for these small steps.
Application to the Bootstrap pitch competition is open to all full-time students. You'll have the opportunity to build a prototype , and pitch your idea to a live audience while competing for money to get started building a business! Not interested in starting a business right now? You can use the money you win to help pay for your college expenses!
To be eligible for funding, you must complete five steps:
1. Submit the Bootstrap application form by following clicking the "Apply Here" button below.
2. Meet with Russ or TaraLee at the GRIT Center for 15 min. before Mar. 18th.
During this meeting you will:
- Learn how to fill in the blank for the following question:
What is your recent experience with ______________________? (This will be related to issues you think are problematic for the customer group you've identified).
- Identify the customer group you intend to work with: What groups do they belong to (what is your demographic)? This can include factors such as age, education level, income, gender, geographic location, hobbies, field of employment, marital and family status.
3. -AFTER- meeting with Russ or TaraLee, interview 5 people who fit in your customer group and ask them the following three questions. You will bring notes from these interviews to your second meeting with Russ or TaraLee before Mar. 25th.
What is your recent experience with ______________________? (You will fill in this blank during your meeting with Russ or TaraLee at the GRIT Center.)
How much have you spent on this issue in the last year?
How do you feel about the result?
Completion of 5 interviews is required to compete in the Bootstrap competition.
4. Meet with Russ or TaraLee to discuss your findings from the interviews and determine how to prototype your solution or product.
5. Pitch your findings and prototype on Bootstrap pitch night Mar. 28th at 5pm in the GRIT Center.